Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pepper steak....Yum!!!!

I am always looking for new recipes to make and when I am bored I love reading cookbooks. You are probably thinking that I am one crazy chic. Ha! I have several that were given to me from Mrs. Bright she is a 97 year old lady that my mom takes care of. They are awesome! I told Brandon well if we ever go hungry I have recipes for dove, squirrel, pheasant, possum, and racoon. Ha! Yuck!!!!! No offense to anyone who eats those. I am one of those people that if you just give it to me I will eat, but if you tell me what it is, I just cringe. My mom just made squirrel the other day, but I just couldn't do it.

Well I came across this recipe in my Better Homes and Garden cookbook that my mom had gotten me several years ago. Thanks mom!!! She buys everyone a cookbook as their wedding present. They are a big hit! She even got a diabetic one for my friend because her husband is diabetic. Okay, well I got side tracked now back to the recipe. This happens to me a lot. Ha! It was a slow cooker recipe for Pepper steak. It is so easy and simply scrumptious!!!!!



Pepper steak
Prep:15 min; Cook 5-6 hours on high

1 lb. boneless beef round steak cut 3/4 to 1 in. thick
salt 
pepper
1 tbsp. cooking oil
1 14.5 -oz. can Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained.
3 tbsp. Italian style tomato paste
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 16- oz package frozen pepper stir fry vegetables
(yellow, green, and red sweet peppers and onion)

1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into four pieces; sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet brown meat on both sides in hot oil. Transfer to a 31/2 to 4- quart slow cooker. In a bowl stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat in cooker. Top with frozen stir-fry vegetables.

2.Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high or until meat and vegetables are tender.


This recipe is so easy to make. At first I didn't like the smell of the Italian tomatoes and paste but once it started cooking the peppers tasted sweet. The rice really pulled it together. I made mexican rice as the bed, then laid the steak and peppers on top. Believe you me it is delicious!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This looks DELISH! :) I need to make this some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it for my in-laws last Sunday and they loved it! It was so easy to put on before church then came home and supper was ready!

    ReplyDelete